Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, January 2, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2008 arrived with no big excitement. Frank and I were both asleep! But that's ok.

2007 was a huge year for our family. Cormac had his surgery and it transformed his life. The miracle of the Cochlear Implant cannot be fully explained unless you experience it first hand. It is not a "quick" cure that most assume it is. Yes, he can hear but it takes a lot of time, energy and work for him to become a good listener. Most people do not understand how much has to be done in a day for Cormac to reach his full potential. It is SOOOOOO worth the work. He is doing better than I ever expected. His expressive language is starting to take off. He has added a few words (banana, meemaa, bubble, baby) to his vocabulary. I honestly believe Colin and Ciaran benefit from all the "therapy" I do all day long. It's not like I can single Cormac out and have alone time with him. There is only ONE of me (although it might be nice to have a clone). All the boys know their entire alphabet, they know their numbers 1-10, they know the differene between a square, a cirle and a triangle. Not too shabby for not even 21 months!

What do I look forward to in 2008? That is a hard question to answer. I hope for continued health for family and friends. I hope for Cormac to continue his success as a "hearing" child. I look forward to just spending time with Ciaran, Colin and Cormac while they still want to spend time with me. I look forward to lots of hugs and kisses (now that they know how to make the "kiss" noise). I want 2008 to go slower than 2007. This past year went so fast and I want to make sure I remember every moment of these years. I plan to try and slow things down and not worry as much. More days of just laying on the floor and playing and less time worrying about the mess and the laundry.

Being a mom of triplets is hard work. Some say I make it look easy. I take that as a huge compliment. I wonder now, when I look back, how I did it when they were infants. No sleep, they are every 2 1/2 hours and I was breast feeding. I really don't remember much of the first few months. Frank and I did everything around the clock. We never had anyone stay over even for one night to give us a break. Pretty unbelievable when I think of it now.

Ok, i am getting off topic.

I wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year.

My mom made this cute video from Christmas day. She's great with the pics and videos. Thought I would share it.

No comments: