Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, March 19, 2009

A day at the zoo...

Oh, and I don't mean our house! I mean the actual zoo!
We had a really warm March day here in NJ and I made sure to take advantage of the weather. I met up with some other Moms over at the Turtle Back Zoo. WHile it's not the largest or greatest zoo it is perfect for my boys at this age. I was a brave woman and let them all out of the stroller to explore on their own. I was secretly praying everyone would actually cooperate. Normally, I don't let them run free unless I have another set of hands with me. But they are getting older and listen much better and deserve some FREEDOM. It went really well and they listened and stayed close by, stopped when I asked them to. Their were a few times I had runner but was able to manage.








I was just saying to Frank that I life as a mom of multiples is different than if you have one at a time. The mom's I met at the zoo all have one child and have play dates at each others homes. Most of their children are two years younger than mine but I just remember when my boys were one we didn't get to go to play dates. To watch three at once in some else's home was just too much. You can't take three one year olds to a park by yourself that isn't totally enclosed for their own safety. To take three out to lunch by yourself when they were one was too much.(Actually, I have done this alot but just not with other moms. When you start adding another mom and kids its just too many people) In some ways I feel like we missed out on a lot. But in other ways I feel we did so much more. I NEVER stayed home with them. They got to go everywhere I went. Granted, they had to stay in the stroller more than one child would. I made sure to find places I could take them alone. No gymboree or little gym would allow me to take them alone. I had to have another adult or two to take classes. These are things the average mom never has to think about.

BUT my boys have each other. They have a "specialness" your average child will never get to experience. They have built in playdates 24/7. SOmeone always is ready and willing to play or talk or get into trouble. They have the best time together.

No comments: