Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Writing, teaching and mice!

Cormac has been able to write a lot of letters for a really long time. Not sure if this is normal but Ciaran and Colin are not able to write like him. His fine motor skills are remarkable. He has been able to sign the entire alphabet correctly since he was not much older than a year. He loves to write and draw and a paper and pen can occupy him for hours. He used to write them really large on the chalkboard or on paper but now he is getting the placement on the page. He wrote these two days ago. He normally does his name better but he was in a hurry!

   
Posted by Picasa
I thought I got this conversation on video but somehow missed it. Here's how it went. Cormac "mom I want to draw the milky way" Me: What's a milky way? COrmac: It's in outer space" Me: What's inside the milky way?" Cormac: "A teddy bear constellation" Me: What's a constellation?" Cormac: "A group of stars" I remember not too long ago worrying about increasing his conversation abilities and taking turns. I think he has got it now, right?

Here he is being the teacher and asking me what letters he is drawing.. CHeck out the end where he draws shapes.


I have been meaning to post a link to some educational toys I picked up and have turned out to be wonderful for Cormac. They are made by Alex Little Hands. I have the 123 touch and feel cards and The First Words touch and feel cards. They are great. They have questions on the back so if your kids are a little older like Cormac they are still useful. They also take away some thought on our part and make you ask questions you might not think of! For example: Socks On the back of the card it says "we wear our socks under our shoes" Touch the socks on the front of the card Do they feel soft or hard? ( I change it and say "what do they feel like since Cormac knows soft and hard) Am I wearing socks? Mop On back of card it says" The mop cleans the floor" Does the mop feel wet or dry? What else do you use to clean the house?" I only have these two but after seeing the website I can see I will probably get some more from them.

Ok, this is just cute and I had to share. Cormac is not wearing his implants in this video. He is reading my lips and talking back :)The boys found last years Halloween costumes last night before bed.....



C

No comments: