Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Milestone




This morning the boys "graduated" from three year old preschool to the four year old program. They sang songs and we watched a slideshow of pictures of the entire year. They made us lots of stuff and were each presented with a diploma. It was so cute. I didn't cry today. Normally, this would have me crying but for some reason today I didn't cry. I just smiled and laughed and enjoyed the moment. It still takes my breath away to look up and see THREE of them together. Three of them all at the same time. It never seems to get old. (well, ok, when all three are really crabby, it gets old quick LOL)

I will remember moments like today forever. We worked so hard to get to this point. Then there is the part about Cormac that just warms my heart. He is just another kid in front of the class singing and enjoying the moment. He doesn't miss a beat. Not one person in the room would know he was deaf unless they were told. I remember way back when we first found out he was deaf. Boy, all I could think about was "they cannot be in different schools." It would break my heart to have them seperated. It was so not fair he was deaf, it was not fair he was different, it was not fair it would be so different for him. Now, lets fast forward to today. I guess it's still not fair but we don't notice a difference. It makes him who he is today but it doesn't define him. He is so confident and happy. All three of them are very confident and happy. I couldn't ask for more.

They had to tell their favorite things about school. I found it very interesting how they all had different choices but ALL chose one thing in common.









So a big THANK YOU to all that helped us get to this point. Family, friends, therapist, doctors, surgeons, teachers. As they say "it takes a village....." We could not done it without all the love and encouragement we receive.

No comments: