Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, April 22, 2010

Any bright ideas?

Calleigh is doing phenonenal. Her lip looks just amazing. It gets better everyday. It's only been two weeks. She is just moving along. We also got some more good news. She has Kidney reflux. It was grade 3 out of 5. This would indicate surgery would be needed to correct it. We just went yesterday for her ultrasounds of her kidneys and bladder. Her left kidney is showing NO reflux and her right kidney is only showing trace. It could not have been better news. Calleigh doesn't really catch breaks it seems. If it can go wrong it usually does with her. But she finally caught a break! It seems the reflux is correctly itself. Now, we just have to get her acid reflux gone and she will be good to go! I am assuming she will come off the daily antibiotic she has been on to prevent kidney infection but we will wait to see what the doctor says next week.

She has also made great leaps in her motor skills. She can sit on her own for a while. She can roll over in both directions. She is totally making huge strides. To put in in perspective. A month ago she was showing the skills of a 4-5 month old in her motor skills (she was 8 months at the time). Today she is at about 7-9 months and she is 10 months old. I realize she just wasn't given the opportunity to develop her motor skills due to her surgeries and not having access to belly time and sitting in a chair. My underlying fear that she has something else going on with her has seemed to ease. I still worry but now when I look at her I see she is just catching up. She is so smart and alert. She just had a hard time teaching her body to do what she wants it to do. Her body was focused on healing for so long that her development was secondary. Now that her body is healing it can focus on developing and she is flourishing. :)

I am looking for some advice and ideas about Cormac for the summer. He is in school until June 20th. I am not sure what services he will receive over the summer because I have yet to hear back from the school district. Considering they just shot down the school budget I can just imagine where the cuts will come. It's so frustrating when a town doesn't put education first. The future of your town and country depends on the children in your town. How can people NOT understand this? So aggravating.

Anyway, I need some inspiration. I need some fun activities I can do with all the boys that focus on language and hearing. I am in a rut and could use some bright ideas from all you wonderful folks. I use The listening room ideas. But with the nice weather we are outdoors much more.

Cormac has decided he wants to read. We were playing blocks and building towers and the blocks have letters on them. I put together the word POT. I said what does this say? He goes PPP OOO TTTT , you know made the sound each letter makes and then said "Oh, pot!" I switched the P to H and he did it again and said Hot. I am pretty sure this is the start of reading, right?? We read ALOT in this house. I mean sometimes like 20 books a day! I guess it is paying off. Lots more to update and I will when I can.

I am leaving for California a week from today....

No comments: