Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Friday, November 13, 2009

Vacation, hotel, lobby, kingdom, road trip, stilts, float(as in a parade). Just some of the many words we learned on our vacation. There are tons more but I can't remember. All I do remember is there were lots of conversations going on in the car and on the trip. Even some phrases like "Mommy, I need you to pull over so I can go potty!". Colin came out with a good line. He had stickers on his arm and was wearing nothing else running around naked. He gets all serious and says "mommy, can you take these stickers off so I can be more naked?" Too funny.

Mainly, we just had a lot of fun but when you are a Mom to a deaf child every experience takes on a different meaning. It's a way of life. Everything is about noticing learning opportunites. It's also about making sure he is able to hear in lots of different situations. Fireworks and COrmac do not agree. He can't get his magnets off fast enough! He was so excited to see the "castle" and then they set off fireworks and he said "I don't like the castle and more!" Well, I explained to him they don't always have fireworks and he came around.

We have hit a stage of TONS of questions. Mostly "what is a .....? And Why?. It love it. It makes for so much conversation. I really love when I hear the boys having their own coversations. I worried for so long Cormac would never be part of those discussions. But he is. He is always part of it. Just last night he says to me "Hey, Mommy, both my implants are not working. I need some new batteries". He speaks so clearly now. Frank didn't see him for a week and swears his language got better in seven days. I love that he is now telling us about his implants. He tells us when one isn't working. I am guessing his implants beep before the batteries die because he will often tell me at the end of the day "my left or right (yes, he knows left and right) is beeping. I change the batterey and it's better. Soon he will be changing the batteries himself.

We are in a good place with Cormac. With continued support from a Teacher of the Deaf I have no doubt he will continue to progress. I always fear he will regress if we don't stay on top of things.

Ok, somehow I got off topic! Here are some pics.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


At the parade in Majic Kingdom. The last thing of the day. Ciaran only made it half way through
 

Pirates in Training
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


The Lego Store

 

Cormac seeing his first Princess
 
 

This is how we got them around the hotels. They loved riding the luggage carts

 
Posted by Picasa

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


They read the maps wherever we went and decided what they wanted to see....

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


The face painting was a huge hit. Two scary dinosaurs and a super hero.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: