Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Games

Cormac found this game on Nickjr.com called Ladybug Festival. It is cute and is a listening game. It describes objects and the player has to find what they are looking for in the game. I wanted to pass it along to practice their listening skills.

Other things keeping us busy this winter are a few toys we got from Santa who shops at Discovery Toys. You can only buy them online or through a consultant. All the toys are educational but fun at the same time. Our favorites right now are Motorworks, Busy Bugs, Playful Patterns and Whiz Kids. Whiz kids says it's for children 7 and older but I can't imagine 7 year olds being challenged by the game.

This game can be played anywhere and is great in the car. It gives categories and the child has to name things you ask. It really makes them use their brains and it's great for vocabulary. There were a few words the boys didn't know but that what it's all about. For example, one of the cards said "Name a beverage". The boys didn't know that word. "Name something electronic" was another we didn't know. But every time we do the cards they come up with different ideas. One of the cards said "Name something adults do" and Cormac said "Adults go to work". Thought that was a great answer. Ciaran said "Adults drink soda".

Play Doh has been an amazing indoor activity. When I tell you they play with it for hours at a time I am not exaggerating. As I type this the three of them are at the table playing Play Doh and making up the most amazing games. I am in awe of the active imaginations these children possess. The detail of the games the come up with and the amount of energy the use playing them is amazing. So many people comment on how well the boys play together. Sure, they fight, but for the most part they just entertain each other.

I brought them to the gym to babysitting three times since the new year (Calleigh can finally go to babysitting so i am back at the gym!) and two different babysitters said they can't believe how well they play, share and how their little minds are always working.

It gets me thinking about the relationship they share. I know their "tripletness" play a part in their bond. But on the other hand they don't HAVE to play together all day long. They choose to be together. They can be apart and do great with other kids but they enjoy their time together. I hope it remains this way for their entire lives. I will say, Colin is the most attached to the other two. Once in a while if they are having a day when they are all not playing nice I will tell them to all go to different rooms to play alone for a while. Colin hates this. He says "No, I want to play with my brothers and starts to cry if I say I am going to split them up. That said, at school he is fine. They don't always sit next to each other. They have their own friends. They have their own likes and dislikes. They are each their own person but are happy to be part of Team Lawrence!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a profound deaf since birth with hearing aids, this was my favorite toy growing up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speak_%26_Spell_(toy)

I didn't really understand it though, but just listening to it was very hypnotising, like listening to musics.