Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Calleigh's MRI results are back.  I have only talked to her ENT about the results.  (Her neuroloigst and endocrinologist haven't gotten back to me yet UGH!)  I haven't seen the report myself yet.  According to the ENT the results were normal for what he was looking for except for her semicircle ear canals.  Apparently, you have three on each side.  They are filled with fluid and are responsible for balance.  When you spin in a circle the fluid moves around causing you to be dizzy.  When the fluid stops moving you get your balance back.  One of her canals appears to have no fluid in it.  Considering her balance issues it could be a contributing factor or it could not be a contributing factor.  It could also be it just appears that way on the MRI.  I will be interested in the neurologists take on it.

2.  Calleigh continues to make some big improvements.  Several people have commented on how she seems more steady on her feet.  We have been taking he to a private OT facility and I think they are really great with her.  Combine that with her going to school every day and getting services there she seems to be moving along.

3.  The boys progress reports came home on Friday.  I was very proud of them.  They all did very well but what made me happiest was their reading.  Cormac got outstanding and I wasn't surprised but Colin also got outstanding.  (that is the highest score)  I knew he could read but he is not one to show us how well he is doing.  And then there is my Ciaran.  My boy who has seemed to struggle in this area from the beginning.  He lacked so much confidence it made me sad.  Well, since school has started he has flourished.  He got "good" in his reading!  It's the step below Outstanding and above Satisfactory.  I could not be more proud of him.  He had been really trying so hard.  He is so excited to read his new books to me when he comes home and to Frank as soon as he walks through the door. 

4.  The truck...what can I say about our truck.  It is out of commission at the moment.  We are waiting for a part to come in to the tune of $2500.  When my truck is not working we can't go anywhere with the kids.  Frank's car can't hold 4 car seats (really, how many can??)  The mechanic gave it back to me and said I can drive it locally until it's repaired.  Thank goodness because walking the kids back and forth to two different schools is not easy!  Hopefully, it will be fixed by the end of the week.

5.  I cannot get enough of the show Parenthood.  I want to be a Braverman. 

6.  We had such a warm day on Sunday we went up to the beach.  The kids wound up in the water.  They found crabs and shells.  It was a great way to spend the day.

7.  Last night for dinner I made chicken, broccoli and bowtie pasta. (we didn't have any cavtelli).  I used the multi color pasta that has the vegetables added.  To say it was a hit is an understatement.  My kids at multiple plates of it!  They are usually pretty good eaters but I wasn't sure when you combined it all what they would think.  Nothing makes me happier than to hear my kids say they love their dinner and ask for seconds especially knowing it was all good stuff.  Colin said I should make it every Monday.

8.  I interviewed for a job as a newborn hearing screener at our local hospital.  The interview went really well and within an hour of leaving the interview they called and said they were starting my background check.  This issue is so near and dear to my heart.  If not for newborn screening I don't know when we would have realized Cormac was deaf.  I am so grateful every day he had the screening.  What I like about the company is they do the test by the bedside with the mother watching.  They are focused on education and follow up.  I will not know for about 2 weeks if I have the job.  I feel very confident I will get an offer.  This journey our family took all those years ago when Cormac was diagnosed has really opened so many doors for us. 

9.  Calleigh is having her first school pictures taken today at school.  I am hoping she cooperates. She normally loves her picture to be taken.

10.  Here are some pictures from our beautiful Sunday at the beach.









No comments: