Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Moment

This is the moment I told Frank it was confirmed  Cormac was profoundly deaf.  He leaned down and kissed him. 

He was not with me at the doctor that day.  He had used up all his time off while the boys were in the NICU so he had to go to work.  My Mom stayed with Ciaran and Colin while I took Cormac by myself.  At the time, it seemed like the worst day of our lives.  It seemed unreal.  It seemed like some type of nightmare I would wake up from.  We had no idea what was ahead of us this day.

When I look at this picture now I no longer cry.  It makes me love Frank more than I already do.  It makes me realize we were destined to have Cormac in our family.  This day changed our lives forever and I would never change any of it. 

In case you are wondering why I posted this picture today. I was cleaning out some boxes in the basement and came across it in a photo album.  It might be my favorite picture of Frank....ever. 

No comments: