Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, July 16, 2009

Things I have to make sure to document

SInce Calleigh has home the boys have been wonderful. The are in love with her and totally want to be with her all the time. They have said so many cute things I want to make sure I get it down to keep for the future.

On our first morning home Frank went in the boys room to get them out of their cribs. I was in our bed with Calleigh. Ciaran says to Frank "is our baby sister still here?" Frank replies "yes". He says "she doesn't have to go back to the hostiple (hospital)?" Frank says "no" He says "can we keep her forever"? I think I was crying by the end. Ciaran calls her his "little sweetie".

Since her surgery she has a colostomy. She will have it until she is three months and has the reconnection surgery. Just imagine the reaction of three three year olds to a baby who poops in a bag! They said "mommy, why she poop in a bag?" Colin said "I guess her hiney doesn't work". (well said, pretty much that is the deal) I explained to them she will have a fully working hiney in three months.

They ask so many questions about her. They are also interested in when they were babies. They can't believe they used to be smaller than her even though I show them pictures.

The second night she was home they stood around her crib and sang Twinkle Twinkle to her before bed. Calleigh must be under our watchful eyes every second they are awake. Not that they would ever hurt her intentionally but I swear they might hug her to death. Purell is being used by the gallon at this point. They know they can't touch her without cleaning their hands. Actually, that goes for everyone who sees her. With her being born early and having the colostomy we have to be very leary of germs.

They constantly refer to her as "little sister" or little sweetie". They want to know if she can eat quesadillas.

I have been pumping around the clock since she wasn't allowed to nurse in the hospital. I still want her to have breast milk so this was our only option. The boys have seen me pump and to say they are fascinated is an understatement. The other day I walk into my room to find Colin holding the pump up to his boobs and pretending to pump. Cormac was turning on the power to the pump. I laughed so hard. The things these three will do.

I am sure I am forgetting a ton of things they have said and done but my brain is very tired at the moment.

Calleigh is doing awesome. At her first check up after coming home she was up to 7 pounds 6 ounces. That is a 6 ounce gain in about three days. SHe needed her mother to feed her. We are going to get another weight check on Monday. I am not concerned. The last 24 hours she has increased the amount she is eating by about 1/2 ounce per feeding. SHe is sucking down bottles and we are even using the regular bottle now. We were using the tiny NICU bottles but I figure she has to learn to use a regular bottle so why not start now.

She is like having a doll in the house. She looks like a doll. SHe has the most perfect skin I have ever seen. Her eyes are big and beautiful. I swear she is just gorgeous.

Here are a few pics from the last few days.

Proud Big Brother Ciaran. This is her arrival at home.

 

Cormac his first time holding her
 

Our first morning together with Calleigh
 
 
Posted by Picasa




Calleigh in her swing with three onlookers. Now you know why I have to keep such a close eye on her.
 
Posted by Picasa





3 comments:

Renae said...

She is SO sweet!!! SO happy to hear you're home and everything is going great! Your boys crack me up!

PolyglotMom said...

Sooo sweet! I love the story about the boys and your breast pump. Too funny!

Tanna's Triplets said...

So pretty!!