Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Monday, May 3, 2010

Inspired

I returned Sunday from my trip to California for Mentor training for the Bionic Ear Association. Never in my life have I been so inspired. To be surrounded by so many people all with such amazing stories to tell was literally life changing. Everyone's experiences were different. Everyone was implanted at different times. But regardless everyone has been on a wonderful journey.

I knew many people online but none of them in real life. To put faces to names and to connect on such a personal level was priceless. Since Cormac was born and we found out he was deaf I often wondered what the greater purpose was. Why were we chosen for this journey? I can honestly say I would NEVER change this. I would never go back. I now know I was meant to be part of a very special group of people. People who I know will be friends for life. Our paths might not cross in person but with the wonderful world wide web we will be able to stay connected. To continue to follow each others journeys.

I have spoken to many parents of recently diagnosed children in the past. I only hope they find some small amount of comfort by hearing our story. By realizing what is possible for their child. I have never met any adult recipients before but now I have seen adults functioning in the world. Mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers all in the real world doing things just like the rest of us. I knew Cormac's future was filled with endless possibilities but now my confidence is through the roof.

I am so grateful for meeting each and every person that participated in this training. The mentors as well as the Advanced Bionics staff. The staff cares. They truly care. To see managers shed tears as they hear stories of success. To see how invested they are in the future of recipients is awesome.

We learned a great deal but also had lots of fun! Advanced Bionics truly showed us a wonderful time.











These people are ACTUALLY making implants. Only four people in the world can make the internal implant Cormac has in his head. If we go there with his serial numbers they could pull a file and he could meet the people who made them! How cool is that???










The boys sent me on a mission for my trip. Colin sent me with a mini Batman, Cormac sent a little Flouder figure and Ciaran sent "blue man". I had to photograph them where I went. Stay tuned.... I will publish their journey tomorrow!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

SO COOL. I would love to see exactly where Noah's implants were made. Looks like a wonderful experience.

Yanti said...

Just found your blog.Gorgeous kiddos.How do you do it with triplets plus one??I'm struggling with just one girl and her CI..

http://www.mybionicears.blogspot.com

Sam said...

I love the pictures and your article. Thanks for sharing! And keep toileting away...LOL!