Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Monday, May 10, 2010

My first "Mother's Day Surprise"

Since this was the first year of preschool I was treated to the Mother's Day Surprise on Friday. To say it was adorable is an understatement. To say I was overwhelmed with emotion is also an understatement.

It began with two songs. All the kids came in wearing their "Mommy and Me" signs around their necks.
Cormac

Ciaran

Colin


I was seated at a table with a homemade dessert. And had beautiful presents around me.





These were butterflies made with their handprint. Just precious. Then they were allowed to give me my present. Each of them made me a flower pin. They painted and decorated it.

Two more songs followed. They also had to tell their father why I was special. He wrote it on paper and I didn't know what they said. Here is what they wrote...





I swear I was crying like a baby. I loved Ciaran's "she gave me my baby sister". I mean, he just LOVES her and to think he thought of that is just so touching. Ror Cormac to say " She took me to the city so I could hear". Well, are there really any words to say after that? He loves to go the NYC with me. He calls it "his city". The fact that he can comprehend his trips to the city are for letting him hear is amazing. That he thinks it makes me special, well it's beyond anything I could ever imagined. He values his hearing and appreciates it. Pretty mind boggling for a kid who just turned four.

Next came the video...yep,, a video. The teachers sat them down and asked why I was special. Some of the answers overlapped but new answers appeared. I have it on video and will attempt to upload it. My favorite on video? Colin saying "My mom is always tricking me. I love when she plays tricks on me". I don't really know what he is talking about but he is so stinkin cute saying it. Cormac said because I make him ravioli and Ciaran said because I give him lollipops and marshmallows. Priceless.

I will work on getting the videos up.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Cormac's comments made me cry. You should be SO proud of your sweet boys.