Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Christmas Story...


The boys were chosen to be The Three Wisemen at the school play. Keep in mind it is Pre K 4 so the kids are little. Everyone had a part to play. It was so adorable. Too cute for words. My Wisemen were perfect.

Ciaran was Balthasar. Colin was Melchior and Cormac was Gaspar. They each had a line.

Ciaran: I am Balthasar. I bring Frankincense.
Colin: I am Melchior. I bring Myrrh.
Cormac: I am Gaspar. I bring Gold.

All three said their lines. All three sang all their songs in the show.

To say I was proud is an understatement. My heart swelled with pride. I cried. But they were tears of joy. Tears of pure love. I know they worked so hard to learn all the songs and their lines. Not to mention the amount of people who were in the audience. All the parents, lots of grandparents, aunts, uncles.

I was very worried about the performance. The Thanksgiving Show was very overwhelming for Cormac. Ciaran and Colin did great at Thanksgiving but Cormac never looked up once. He held his head down. After the show he wouldn't even be part of the feast. It was so out of character for him. I was so surprised. His teacher even called me the following day on Thanksgiving to make sure he was OK. She is the sweetest teacher and I was touched she called to check on him.

So, I was concerned we would have a repeat performance but he was back to his usual charming self. Singing and dancing. Saying his lines. Looking straight out into audience and giving it his all with a giant smile on his face.

Their teacher said to me today "First I want to thank you for having triplets and second I want to thank you letting me be their teacher". Sure made me feel good.
She was so excited to have tripets be the Wisemen. We are the first triplets she has ever had in her class.

I've said it before but when I look up at my three miracles all together it overwhlems me. It makes me happier than I ever thought I could be in life. To see Cormac, my deaf son, up there like any other kid in class is my dream realized. It's the reward for all HIS hard work. I remember sitting in a rocking chair with Cormac when his "profound hearing loss" was confirmed. I kept thinking "what do we do?" "How can this happen to us?" "Will he be ok?".

I know the answers now. He will be just fine. He IS just fine. He's just one of the boys. Ciaran, Colin and Cormac can be anything they want to be. Nothing can hold them back.

No comments: