Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pitch and Throw Grasp and Know

Synonyms. That's what we are currently working on in our house. Might seem like a older concept for four year olds but they really get it and are loving it. It came about because I realize many people use different words than we do. You know I say couch and would never say sofa. I stay mix and not stir when baking cookies. Cormac's TOD and I were talking and she tells me if he doesn't know a word or something she was working on (a rare occurence!) and a the words she mentioned are words I don't commonly use. So, with that I headed to the library and took of ""Pitch and Throw, Grasp and Know...what is a Synonym" The boys are loving coming up with their own synonyms.

Ciaran of course said the synonym for "toot" is "fart". Can't argue with the truth!
Cormac had a great one of "Tornado" and "Twister". Colin asked "What's a synonym for opposite? and I told him Anotnym. He is very proud using that one. It now goes on all day. And we are using so many new words. I have to pick up a pocket Thessaurus because I can't always think of words. It has been good fun for all of us.

Ciaran has taken a sudden interest in writing. He was always the least interested and preferred playing dinosaurs but I have spent hours with him this week letting him sound out words and him writing them. He gets so proud of himself. All three are really wanting to read. Cormac is reading some. He read "no turn on red" the other day in the car.

We are on huge drawing and writing kick. I have literally gone through a ream of paper in the past few days. The draw everything. Turkeys, me, Frank, Pop Pop in heaven with Duchess, each other, Santa, under water scenes with all ocean animals, they draw their friends from school. It occupies them for hours. I have no complaints.

The boys were chosen to be the The Three Wisemen as their Christmas show. I can't wait to see it and am praying they cooperate and don't get stage fright.

Calleigh is like a new child. She is everywhere! Crawling pulling to standing. Playing with toys! She is stacking, sorting, dropping. Her PT was here today for the first time in 2 weeks due to the holiday and she couldn't believe it. She said when she evaluated her about a month ago for her review she would have put her at 7 months. Now she would put her at 13-14 months!!! She has mastered crawling so next week we will start working on cruising. She is already pulling to standing all day long so it won't be such a big jump. But the best part of Calleigh is her personality. She is funny. Just a funny kid. She finds humor in lots of things and likes to laugh. She know when you are being silly and appreciates it. The best thing about the boys right now? IT's how they act around Calleigh. If you ever witnessed the way they react to her EVERY morning. You would cry. It would warm your heart and you would wish you could see it every day like we do. She loves them and is going to be wild....I can just tell.

Here she is on the move last week. Listen to the end and she says "I did it" after she pulls herself up



Our first visit with Santa for the season. First of many!

No comments: