Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, January 12, 2012

Stable

That is a fantastic word to hear when you are the parent of a child with hearing loss like Ciaran. His late onset loss with NO EXPLANATION can really make you panic. I am not one to panic. If I did I would probably be dead by now with all the things we have dealt with in the last few years.

We switched Ciaran's audiologist to some one more local since we moved. I was very hesitant about switching because it was a huge deal to find someone capable of aiding him in the first place. We are VERY lucky and have a great pediatric audiologist only a few minutes from the house. I met with her first and discussed Ciaran's unusual hearing loss. I was very impressed. She came highly recommended and I was willing to give her a try after her taking time to meet wtih me (at no charge) to discuss his hearing.

We had our appointment on Tuesday and I am happy to report he has no change in his hearing since April. Yep, since April when they first found the loss. This is just fantastic news. It doesn't mean he won't have a change or drop but we are encouraged because it does not APPEAR to be a gradual loss that will continue to get worse! YEAH FOR CIARAN!!

We ordered new ear molds. He chose a swirl of bright green and bright blue. Trust me, you can't miss them. When we first ordered his aids I was not sure how he would feel about them so we ordered just clear earmolds and his hearing aids are skin tone. He now want his hearing aids to be blue but I explained we won't be buying new aids ANY time soon. I have to find really strong stickers to put on them. The stickers made for his hearing aids fall off too easily.

It was a great appointment. Calleigh was surprisingly cooperative even though we were there for 2 1/2 hours and I am so happy with the new audiologist.

On a side note, I often wonder if this blog serves any purpose. I continue to write it because I want to have it for the kids when they are older. But while sitting in the new audiologist office I was told Ciaran's records did not get faxed over by the old office. I was told they really just need his latest audiogram. Hmmm... I pulled up the blog on my smartphone, searched for audiogram and voila...up pops the picture I posted on my blog a while ago! If it serves no other purpose it avoided me having to reschedule my appointment. Gotta love modern technology.

No comments: