Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We had our IEP!

Frank and I met with the school district on Tuesday. If you are wondering what all the noise is it's me doing the "happy dance". The meeting could not have went any better. Our district was open to sending Cormac to Summit Speech until the fall. This really is what is best for him and in the long run will help minimize what services he will need in his future. While I am new to this process and was totally terrified and overwhelmed from hearing many horror stories over the past couple of years from other parents, that was not our experience. While our district has no experience with a bilaterally implanted cochlear implant child it is obvious they are willing to learn and want what is best for Cormac. All I hoped for was a way for it to work for all of us. I wasn't thrilled about being the first cochlear kid in district but we can't change that situation. Hopefully, by working with Cormac another family will benefit from our experience with the district.

So, a big huge HOORAY is warranted.

I honestly didin't realize how stressed and worried I was about Cormac until after it was over. I swear I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Cormac continues to amaze us with his abilities and I am sure all that meet him will feel the same. The stronger the foundation we build for him now the stronger he will be in his future!

No comments: