Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

A much happier post...

Calleigh finally came home from the hospital on Friday evening. She is doing well but is still hanging onto a cough. Poor little thing had a rough go of it. Here's the run down of what actually happened.

We left for the shore Friday afternoon. The boys all had runny noses and a cough. Calleigh was fine. By Saturday morning Calleigh had a little cough. Nothing else. By the afternoon she didn't want to eat and started to get a fever. Thinking it was better to be safe than sorry I brought her to Jersey Shore Medical Center. My pediatrician said if I had any concerns to bring her. With her medical history and her cough they said they would admit her and observe overnight. She was tested for RSV and flu and both were negative. We were released on Sunday early afternoon. We came home back up north thinking we should be closer to our doctor. She never got any worse and seemed like she was just a little under the weather. Being nervous I "slept" in the rocking chair in her room with her on my chest the whole night. At 6am I put her in her crib in her carseat to keep her upright. I just wanted to lay down for an hour before the boys got up. At 6:30am Frank was getting ready to leave for work. He went in her room to see her. He picked her up and she was grey and blue and came into our room with her. He handed her to me and I said call 911. I gave her two rescue breaths and she coughed. SHe was still breathing very shallow.

She was brought to the hospital by ambulance and stayed for the week. It was really just a bad cold and upper respitory infection but she couldn't breathe through her nose at all and her mouth was closed so she was not gettin enough oxygen. I never knew babies don't know to open their mouths to breathe until they are closer to 6 months. You think I would know this. Thank God, Frank went into her room.

I stayed at the hospital for four nights and didn't get a wink of sleep. I am still trying to catch up.

I have lots of other stuff to tell about Cormac's last day at Summit and some other cool happenings but will have to do it in another post.


Renae said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! I am SO sorry you had that scare! I too didn't know they didn't know to open their mouths to breathe before 6 months. The things they don't share with parents! SO, SO, SO glad she is fine and hopefully you'll be able to catch up on your sleep!

Lucas'Mommy said...

WoW! Just so glad she's home and doing better! Thinking about you and hoping you can catch up on some rest!