Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Monday, July 25, 2011

Melancholy

mel·an·chol·y/ˈmelənˌkälē/
Noun: A deep, pensive, and long-lasting sadness.
Adjective: Sad, gloomy, or depressed.

Cormac asked me what the word melancholy means the other day. I told him the definition of the word. For some reason he found the word utterly amusing and hilarious (just the opposite as he should). He understood the meaning but could NOT stop himself from just saying it over and over again. He could not control his laughter after he said the word.

A little while later we are walking and I guess Cormac thought Colin was acting a little sad and he says "Mom, Colin is not melancholy he is melancolin." I found it so hysterically funny. So did Cormac. Colin on the other hand did not find it so amusing and began yelling "Hey, I am not melancholin" Oh, I just cracked up. Cormac is STILL saying the word a few times a day and laughing out loud!

No comments: