Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Monday, July 11, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Ten Things about the Minuteman Northeast Cochlear Implant Convention:



1. I was so inspired by the people I met. To see SO MANY people in one place walking around with implants is just amazing. People of all ages and all different reasons why they needed an implant but mostly with the same goal. To feel connected with other people and not feel isolated.

2. The psychologist who gave a seminar was by far my favorite speaker. She said things I never knew. Taught me things to look for in the future. I asked her for a copy of her presentation so I can share it with others.

3. Frank's favorite seminar was "Sports and the CI".

4. We are a special community of people.

5. Advanced Bionics is part of the family. Choosing them has made me happier than I can ever imagine. The love and support I feel from everyone there is amazing. I don't think many companies function like they function. Right down to meeting Tiffany, one of the customer service reps who helps me when we need to order parts.

6. Cormac was "recognized" by people who have never met him! The power of the internet....he said he was like a "rock star". He is a rock star to us for sure.

7. I .got to listen to two of the pioneers of AV therapy, James Watson and Lea Watson. They were amazing. I am reassured we did and are continuing to do things correctly :)

8. TEN BOOKS A DAY!!! This is what Lea Watson said we should be reading to our children. We are big readers but I don't think we do ten books a day. She said she has never had a parent come back and say "we didn't need ten books a day". But she has parents who tell her how early their kids are reading and how they are the top readers in their class. I committed to reading 10 a day. Monday was our first day. We did it!!

9. Knock, Knock jokes are great for kids.

10. We need to instill in our children the ability to self advocate. It is critical to their success. They need to be able to say "I didn't hear you " or "I didn't understand you" which are two very different statements. They need to not be worried about others and always ask for clarification and not be embarassed.

This could easily twenty or thirty on Tuesday but will stop at 10.

No comments: