Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fun at Forty!



My 40th birthday started at 5:45am when Cormac woke up.  He climbed into bed with me and very excitedly yelled "Happy Birthday, Mommy.  Today is your birthday and the first day of fall.  You are forty today!"  I would have preferred it was about an hour later but it made my morning start off nicely.

It followed up by Ciaran and Colin climbing into bed to wish me the same.  Last night before bed Colin said he couldn't sleep because he was so excited for my birthday.  Honestly, they are so cute about it.  They couldn't wait to go to school and tell their teacher.  They are waiting patiently to give me my presents when Frank gets home. 

We went for a bike ride on the boardwalk for a while after school but got caught in the rain.  It was a mad dash back to the house.  Basically, I was trying to push Calleigh in the stroller while attempting to pull two of the boys faster on their bikes.  Luckily, Kristen (our new friend on the block who is in sixth grade) happened to see us an she gave me an assist back to the house.  She is the sweetest llittle thing and the boys might have their first crush....

Ciaran (who LOVES to go a restaurant )is beyond thrilled he is going out to dinner.  We really don't go out very often so it's nice.  I will get the boys "fancy" as they like to say. 

I am really not caring about turning 40.  I am exactly where I want to be.  I am happily married to an awesome husband and father and have four amazing children. I am healthy and still relatively sane....(LOL)  What more could I want?  Forty is the new 30, right?? 

I am looking forward to celebrating this weekend with lot of family and friends.  Hopefully, the party will be a success.  I think with food, beer, family and friends it has to be a success.

We had a nice dinner and now it's 8pm and all the kiddos are asleep.  Time to relax and enjoy the evening.

No comments: