Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Monday, September 19, 2011

Phone Conversations

I am rarely away from my children long enough to have to speak to them on the telephone. I  can't even remember the last time I had to talk to them.  This weekend my mother in law was kind enough to keep the kids over night while Frank and I stayed up at the old house and got some packing done.  It's hard to pack with the kids around. 

Sunday morning I called to see how everyone was doing.  First I talked to Ciaran who woke up in the night and was crying for me.  My kids NEVER wake up in the night.  The next thing I know I was talking to Cormac.  When I tell you his speech on the phone was crystal clear.  I could understand every word he said.  He didn't even sound like a child on the other end.  I was surprised at how surprised I was at listening to him.  At one point he said "Ciaran, can you quiet down I am trying to talk on the phone and I can't hear with all your talking"  LOL  It sounded so familiar.....But good for him for speaking up for himself!

Still after all this while I am amazed by certain little things that most people take for granted.

No comments: