Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Sunday, January 4, 2009

Simple things

This morning the boys were running around playing in the living room with their new kitchen. I was sitting on the couch just watching and participating in all the meals they were cooking up. Cormac walks over to me and says "mommy, i made you some tea" and hands me a plastic tea cup. I answer him and say "thank you", pretend to take a sip and say "can I have some sugar?" He says "sure" pretends to give me some sugar gets me a spoon and says "stir, stir, stir". Not sure why exactly at that moment I was just taken aback but I said to Frank. "I cannot imagine our life if we didn't get Cormac implants". Would we never had heard his sweet little voice? We would never had known he could talk and have a conversation. With all the chatter going on around him he would never had been able to sign to me while pretending to cook and also taking part in the conversation with his brothers. ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Frank said moments like this one would have made him sad if Cormac couldn't participate and Ciaran and Colin were not able to talk with him. Yes, we would have all learned sign language but he still would have missed out on so much in our everyday lives.

So this morning I am so greatful for all we have in our lives. But most importantly for three healthy, happy children who NEVER STOP TALKING! Music to my ears.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Love this post. I really needed to read this today!! Thank you.

Tanna's Triplets said...

Aww, I love it. Your post really hits home. Kota and Lincoln love to dance to music and Colton sways back and forth with them but he has no idea what he is missing. Your Cormac gives me such hope!!

Much Love,