Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Monday, February 9, 2009

Dinner Time Chat

Cormac: "I want to be an astronaut"
Mommy: "why do you want to be an astronaut?"
Cormac: "Because I want to fly to the moon" (yep, he said because!). "I need a helmet."
Mommy: "How will you get to the moon?"
Cormac: "In a rocketship"
Cormac: "Daddy wants to be astronaut, Ciaran wants to be astronaut, Colin wants to be astronaut and Mommy wants to be astronaut"(while pointing to each one of us)"We all go to moon together" "I want to sit on moon".

Mommy: What else do you need to wear to go to the moon?" (I never like to pass up the opportunity to expand the language)
Cormac: "I don't know"
Mommy: "a space suit"

Fast forward about two hours. My mom and step father stopped by to visit. (well, Richie was going to snake the soap out of the toilet!) I say to Cormac "tell meema what you want to be" He says again "i want to be astronaut" Tells her who is going to the moon. She asks if her and Pop Pop can go too and he says "no". I then ask him "what else do you wear to go to the moon?" And immediately the boy says "a space suit!" I swear he has a memory like an elephant. He NEVER forgets a thing once you teach it to him.

Another phrase he has been using lately is "me too!" If Ciaran or Colin says they want to do something or eat something he will say "me too!".

He is really expanding his sentences and his conversation skills. I still have the habit of repeating what he says when other are around but I am trying to not do that for him. Most people understand him, it's just me who is worried about it. I will eventually learn to not do it. My mom was talking on the cell phone with him while we were at Target. I kept taking the phone and repeating what he said to her and she finally said "i know what he said. I can understand him". Ok. I guess I need to stop.

1 comment:

Tanna's Triplets said...

Wow, if Colton ends up doing half as good as Cormac I will be excited. You have some smart boys on you hands!!