Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, August 21, 2008

HOw do make sure you are doing it right?

The boys are over two years old already. Before you know it they will be in preschool. How do I know I am spending enough time with them? Cuddling them? Playing with them? Just enjoying them?? Without life getting in the way???

I wonder about this all the time. I try and do so much with them every day. I am just hoping I dont look back and say "I should have done this or done that". "I shouldn't have wasted time worrying about little things when THEY are only little for such a short time.

The time will come when they won't want me to hug and kiss them (sniff sniff). They wont want to sit in the same chair as me. They won't want me to "mommy hold you". (which means they want me to pick them up). They will be big boys who will eventually do big boy things.

How do you know you are giving them enough quality time? I am fortunate and I stay at home with them. That said, do you start to take it for granted because you DO spend so much time with them? I certainly hope not. I try to remember every day to just live in the moment. Don't sweat the small stuff. But I still have to be an adult and do household things.

By the end of some days (not most days) I just am done for the day. Will I look back and think "I should have been more patient?" I don't know what to think.

But today (so far) we have laid in bed together in the morning while they drank their milk, we went to the park and played in the playground, we had lunch at Target(their idea, not mine) and now they are napping. All the while I am hugging and kissing them. So, maybe I am doing enough. I never want to have any regrets when it comes to my children. It's the one thing I have to do right....Their future depends on it.

Oh, by the way, we had a photoshoot done recently. I emailed it to a lot of people so if you saw these already I apologize but I was so excited about the results. Click here to view photos

If it asks for a password: parktots08

No comments: