Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Why didn't I shower and comb my hair???

I headed to Summit Speech School this morning with Cormac for our usual Wednesday group class. When we arrive they ask if it's ok if they film the class for a local network doing a special on the school. Of course, this morning I had not time so I didn't even take a shower and threw on jeans and a tshirt and pulled my hair back. I figure not so bad from far away for group shots..... I was asked to talk about Cormac. All by my lonesome on camera. Close up and all. YIKES!! I didn't even look in the mirror. I figure, what can be done at this point. I talked about Cormac and told a little of our story and me being me I started to cry at the end and had to wrap it up.

I wasn't crying because I was sad but crying because I can't believe how much our lives have changed since Cormac received his implants. I can't believe how lucky we are to live in this world where this amazing technology exists to allow my deaf son to hear and to speak. I just thank God everyday for this wonderful experience. Sure, if Cormac was born years ago and we didn't have a the option of an implant we would have adapted our lives to whatever needed to be done. Just like we adapted our lives to making sure Cormac gets the most benefit from his implants at all times.

Once it goes on air they will post it on their website and I can share the link (if I don't look too scary!)

On the way home I got pulled over by the police for talking on my cell phone with no hands free device. I ALWAYS use a hands free but it wasn't charged and I was just telling my mom we were on our way home. It was like 30 seconds. Darn cop caught me. I figure I will use my good looks and charm to not get a ticket. Then I finally looked in the mirror. HOLY CRAP! I am really kicking myself at this point for leaving the house with no shower! OK, Plan B. I pull out the triplet card. Yep, I proceed to tell him Cormac is a triplet and his brothers are home and I just was telling my mom I'd be home in a little while. I got a written warning. Not sure what it means but I don't pay anything. I guess it's just on record so if I get caught again I get a ticket.

Writing this blog I sometimes find it hard to balance writing about Cormac too much and never want to feel like I am not mentioning Ciaran and Colin also.

Ciaran is such a cuddle bug these days. HE is permanatly attached to me and my mom says if it was up to him he would crawl back inside me! He tests me daily and tests his limits daily. His little grin is what I call a shit eatin' grin and I look forward to it so much. I love the fact that when he really smiles his eyes shut and he can't control it. I love that he calls himself "ree ree".

Colin continues to be a joker. He cracks himself up and others. He is kind. I noticed recently he started saying please and thank you without being reminded. Just yesterday Ciaran brought him his favorite red shovel and Colin said "thank you, Ree Ree". Just makes you smile. You can't look at Colin without smiling. He has perfected a high pitch squeal when someone takes his toys and we are working on stopping it before I can no longer hear. I love that he calls himself "Ollie" instead of Colin. I love that he enjoys every second of the day.

They are really talking at this point. I can have entire conversations with them. THey are starting to talk to each other instead of at each other. They say "sorry" or "thank you" or "no" and the most popular these days "MY TURN".

Raising triplets sure presents lots of challenges each day. You never know what to expect. Some days are harder than others but at the end of the day when my three little monkeys are in their cribs and says "night, night, Mommy. Love you" you tend to forget anything difficult and just remember the good fun.

No comments: