Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Friday, November 18, 2011

What makes you different or special?

This question was asked of the boys as part of their homework. We had to read a poem and then we were supposed to ask them what makes the special or different. I was very curious to see what reponses I would receive.

Somehow I figured Cormac and Ciaran would answer with something related to their cochlear implants and hearing aids. I was wrong. Neither one of them mentioned it as making them different than others. Interesting, surprising and wonderful at the same time.

Colin was the only one who mentioned them and said he was different "because I don't have anything wrong with my cochleas and dont wear anything on my ears."

Cormac said he was different because he had blonde, curly hair.

Ciaran said he was different because he had different colored blue eyes.

I think they were talking about being different from each other as triplets not as different from their peers.

No comments: