Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, November 17, 2011

Why am I deaf?

Yesterday, at my Mom's Cormac asked me "why am I the only deaf person in our family?" He has never asked before and I could tell he wasn't upset. Just curious.. So, I told him "Daddy and I both have a very special gene (I told him about genes and he seemed to get we are made up of them. )and when we both gave them to him and he was born deaf." He said, "oh, ok" and smiled. Then I explained we gave him cochlear implants because we wanted him to be able to hear all the people who love him talk to him and so he could talk with us. He said "I love having my implants. If I didn't have them it would sound like it does when my magnets are off all the time". (For those that don't know, without his magnets he hears NOTHING. ZERO) I said "Yes, it would. What is your favorite thing to hear?" He said "the ocean waves crashing to the shore and the sound of you and Daddy's voices"

Just in case I had any doubt about our decision (which I did not) he reassured me he is a happy hearing kid!

No comments: