Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I am leaving for California next week! Very excited to see some awesome people I haven't seen in a while. I will miss the kiddies but I am sure they will survive without me. Frank will be home for the days I am gone.

2. I am in serious need of a haircut/style or something. I am just sick of my hair. It is always horrible. That said, I don't know where to go down here so I have to figure it out.

3. I have the final IEP meeting on Wednesday at school. I am pretty sure we are not going to get approved for the services I requested. I think it's disgusting children get penalized because they are enrolled in private school. The town you pay taxes in still gets money for your child. We are saving them money by NOT sending our kids to their public school but the funds are not available for them in private school. I could go on and on but it's pointless. I guess we will see on Wednesday.

4. I cannot get over the unbelievable weather we are experiencing in the Northeast. We have been outside riding bikes and playing at the beach almost every day. It is so amazing. The kids don't even need winter coats at this point. We are taking advantage of every minute.

5. Frank is off on Friday. I am so looking forward to him having some free time. We have a ton or organization to work on in the house. Having a few hours with him home and only the baby with us will be very productive.

6. The tree lighting in town is on Friday. This is our first year in the new town. It sounds very fun. They have a choir, activities for the kids, Santa arrives on the firetruck and it all ends in the gym with hot chocolate and desserts.

7. The boys started basketball two weeks ago. The gymnasium acoustics are horrible. Not to mention 26 other kids and their parents all in the gym. It is the first time really ever Cormac has said he couldn't hear and got upset. I could tell right away he couldnt hear the coach. He was following along for the warm up but was about a second behind because he was doing what the other kids were doing and not hearing the instructions. It made me very upset. He then got upset and said he didn't want to play. Frank went on the court and helped him (there were other dads helping coach so he didn't feel singled out) and he was much happier. One of the girl coaches came over and gave him lots of one on one attention and he was quite happy! I am planning on bringing home his FM system for the weekend and letting the coach wear it so it doesn't happen again.

8. Cormac was evaluated by the SLP for the county. We finally got the report. I found one statement so amazing "Cormac's speech clarity was so clear after talking with him an articulation test was not necessary" I love this statement.

9. Ciaran needed the articulation test which did not surprise me. He has good speech but some of his sounds are not perfect. All the sounds he struggles on fall directly in his range of hearing loss.

10. My new favorite picture:

No comments: