Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, May 1, 2008

Batteries + the Toilet

Just in case you are wondering they are not a good match for each other! Colin (also known as the child safety lock master) let them all into my bedroom while I was in their room getting socks. In less than a minute they found old batteries in the garbage basket and had them in the toilet. Ciaran and Colin's sleeves were soaked up to the elbow. Cormac was not involved in this incident. Luckily, I got there before they flushed. I had the unfortunate task of battery retrieval.

We had a great therapy session with Cormac. He is really coming along. Starting to string words together. I try and be tough on him and make him talk for what he wants. Most days I am successful. Other times, it's just hard for me to always have him "perform". Sometimes I think to myself "If I were him, I would need a little down time". So, I ease up a bit.

Speaking of down time, I am going away tomorrow without Frank and the boys. I wish it was for fun and excitement but I am going to become a certified instuctor for Stoller Strides. This is my first time leaving the boys for longer than 24 hours. I will not see them from 1pm Friday until Monday morning because my flight doesn't get in until later on Sunday. I am not one to stress about leaving them but for some reason I am a little anxious about this trip. I know they will be fine and they could use some quality time with Dad. (He will be flying solo for the weekend) It's just so strange to leave them. I am excited for some time alone and to get my certification but at the same time have mother's guilt! I know, silly, but this is my reality. I just keep thinking they will wake up 4 times and I won't be there. Will they find this upsetting? Will they ask for me? Is it better not to call them and talk to them for fear the will freak out? What will their little minds be thinking when I am gone for so long? Will the think I am never coming back? Will they be mad at me when I do come back? The questions are endless and I have to say until they are older and can understand when I leave I will always come back it is tough to leave for a long period of time. Don't get me wrong we have left them but when they were younger I think they didn't really know? Now they can ask for me.

I have been giving them a little pep talk all week long and encouraging them to be their wild and crazy or maybe even wilder and crazier selves while I am gone to Frank gets the full impact of being alone with them for a few days.

I think I need to go away to be able to miss them. It will be like a tune up. Rejuvenate me until the next time, if their is a next time!

No comments: