Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's been a busy week

We headed down to the beach for the long weekend. We are so fortunate Maggie lives so close to the beach. Now, if I can just convince the boys to sleep past 5:45am it would be great! I don't know why but they get up so early down the shore. At home, they are never up that early. I wouldn't mind too much but we went out on Saturday night and didn't get to sleep until close to 3am. You do the math! Not alot of sleeping going on.

Trish, Dan and the kids along with Cailan came to meet up on Sunday. We all headed to the beach. Seven kids and four adults. I know what some of you are thinking. Doesn't sound like an enjoyable experience. I wasn't too sure myself as we made the the short two block walk to the beach. But as it turned out it was awesome. Frank and I were actually able to sit down in chairs while the boys played in the sand! This is a huge change from last year when sitting was not an option. Granted, the water was freezing and no one wanted to go into the water but it is a step in the right direction. Ciaran, Colin and Cormac just played in the sand and with each other for over 2 hours. The only fly in the ointment was we had to LEAVE the beach at some point. I let the boys stay up past their nap and they were not really into leaving. Colin was wonderful and just hopped in his stroller. As long as he had his sand truck. Ciaran was crying and wanted to walk and push the stroller. Not too bad but it's hard to have him walk and push a triple stroller when you also have beach bags and chairs. Cormac, well, he was a total disaster! He was screaming crying "ocean, ocean, ocean". I swear, all I wanted was for this boy to talk. I am so happy he can. And even in the midst of a minor melt down all I could think of was "I can't believe how well he says 'mommy ocean'!!" and "mommy walk" and of course "mommy down!" Yes, it was not so great he was crying and upset but I really didn't notice. All I could hear was the sound of his voice adamantly telling me he did not want to leave the beach and was not happy!

On Monday we came home early to avoid the traffic. We went to a Parade in town and the boys were fascintated by all the trucks, sirens etc. I wasn't too sure how Cormac would do but once again, he just went with the flow and seemed to really enjoy it.

I took a ton of pictures and created a slideshow. I am glad I took all these pics because my camera broke on Sunday night. I am so pissed but I knew it was going to break soon. I guess I will just have to get a new one!

Here is the slideshow. The pics are from Friday night at dinner and the rest of the weekend at Maggies

No comments: