Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, September 25, 2008

Life with 3

Three times the hugs.
Three times the laughter.
Three times the crying.
Three times the kisses.
Three times the poopy diapers.
Three times the love.
Three times the mess.
Three times the mommy guilt.
Three time the noise level.
Three times the fighting.
Three times the making up after fighting.
Three times the toys.
Three times unexpected running hugs from across the room.
Three times the tackling from across the room.
Three times the joy.
Three times the sadness when they all go off to school together.
Three times the college education all at once.
Three all driving at the same time totally freaks me out.
Three times the trips to the ER apparently when you have three boys.
SIX times the grocery bill....no, that's not a typo.
Six hands and thirty fingers always grabbing something. Try traveling with an Octopus or two to the grocery store and you will understand!
Six socks to keep track of each day and night. Not an easy task when they keep taking them off in different places.
Six shoes that seem to disappear with six socks.

I have noticed in the past 2 1/2 years I count in threes. I can't stop myself. In my head as I am doing things I am saying 1,2,3 coats, 1,2,3 shirts, 3,6 socks. It like I have no control over it any longer. WHen doing the laundry I make sure all the "3's" get washed in the same load, you know all three of the same thing. If they don't it throws me off and I can't seem to find all matching when I want it. Yes, they are still dressed alike almost 99% of the time. But at this point I do it so they won't fight over who wears what. Inevitably, they ALL want the red shirt when there is a red, blue and green. For me, just easier to keep dressing them alike. WHen they ask to NOT be dressed alike or don't fight over clothes I will stop dressing them alike. (ok, I will still do coordinating....)

ALso, it's much easier keep track of them when they are dressed alike. It safer. I don't have to remember what shirt each is wearing. Just one shirt. Freaks me out when I get somewhere and the ARE NOT wearing the same clothes. I get all panicky like I will forget what to look for on the playground. I know, I sound nuts, but it's my reality.

No comments: