Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The talking never stops!

Our house is soooo noisy. I waited for the day the boys would start talking. Now, I find myself thinking, "will they ever stop talking!" I swear, if there is a long pause or silence in this house I KNOW it means trouble. They have found something they shouldn't have and are playing. They got into a food closet and are stuffing their faces with food they shouldn't be eating. Anyway you look at it if there is silence in this house and it's NOT nap/bed time you can bet you last dollar trouble is in the works. I have noticed only ONE exception to this rule. It happens after dinner and if we have ice cream. It is the sweetest silence you have ever heard. NOt a peep out of anyone until the bottom of the bowl!

Don't get me wrong, I love to hear them talking. I prayed Cormac would actually talk. I spent countless hours thinking in my head "will they be delayed because they were born early". You just never know. But we have been so fortunate. This constant noise is a reminder of how blessed we are to have three healthy children. Sure, there are moments when I want to go to the library alone so I can hear nothing. Or when I get in the car by myself and choose not to put on the radio so I can hear myself think. But all in all the noise makes me happy. Happy to be around such happy little voices. Each day the vocabulary words are greater and greater. Each day someone says something I can't believe they said because I am amazed how much they know.

Our theme of the week is the jungle. We have talked about the jungle. Read about the jungle. Made jungle animal masks. We have colored jungle animals but the cutes thing is how the actually say the work jungle.

My three little men are surely growing up. Toddlerhood is challenging but so rewarding.

Now, if only they LISTENED as well as they could talk!

No comments: