Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A lil' mini vacation

I swear, I don't know where the time goes. We have been away alot in the past few weeks. I was at the beach for almost a week. With Cormac's school being on vacation we have ALL our days free and have been taking advantage of all of free time. We have spent tons of time at the park, playground, beach and pool. The boys have really taken to the beach. They love running in the water and playing in the sand. Even Ciaran, who told me "ree ree swimming" because the tiniest bit of his toes touched the water has come around. The last time we were on the beach he was soaking wet playing in the water.

We have built tons of sandcastles though not ONE of them stands for longer than 30 seconds before someone knocks it down. But I guess at two that is the beauty of buidling a sandcastle.

We went to the boardwalk and they were finally big enough to ride some rides by themselves. See the slideshow below for pictures.

Let's see, what can I say about the boys in the last 2 weeks?? Their language is just exploding. They actually are starting to have conversations with each other. (it is hilarious!) Cormac has taken to singing lateley. Not sure if he has a future as a rock star but hey, this boy likes to sing. We get daily serenades of the ABC's and his personal favorite at the moment is "Itsy Bitsy Spider". Colin does NOT like singing and he doesn't really like others to sing around him. Much to his dismay, Cormac doesn't give a crap if Colin gets upset at his singing! He just sings louder while Colin says "no singing, no singing!"

The noise level in our house at times is through the roof. Luckily, it's not usually crying but laughter and yelling while playing. We are working on our "indoor voices". (who am i kidding???)

My Dad watched all three BY HIMSELF yesterday for three hours. He didn't even think he could do it but was pleasantly surprised at how well the all did including himself! He even fed them dinner. Oh, and by the time I got home they all new the difference between a penny, nickel, dime and quarter. He has a metal detector you would use on the beach but to distract them when I was leaving he took them in the yard and the conveniently "found" all kinds of treasures. He was funny out there with them. He promised them if they behaved he would go to the zoo today with us. ANd you guessed it, we were at the zoo bright and early this morning. We rode the train, the carosel and Cormac rode the pony (twice). Cormac got on the horse and with the BIGGEST smile says "Cormac riding horse" Could bring tears to anyone's eyes. I think the man walking him around fell in love with him

Ciaran says "ree ree to big for the carosel" which translates to "I am afraid of the carosel". We made progess today. He let me hold him on the carosel while Colin and Cormac rode their "endangered animals".

My brave Cormac rode the pony and got a second ride when Ciaran bailed at the last minute. He actually sat on the horse and then changed his mind.

Oh, how could I forget??? Colin and Cormac both asked to use the potty yesterday and both peed. We were all so proud! Everyone clapped and we celebrated. Man, my life has really changed! From keggers, to potty parties! Maybe I should start having a drink when the do potty. Feel like the old times....

Cormac has made some great strides in the last few weeks. He has learned to put his magnets back on his head ALL BY HIMSELF!! The expression of pure joy is priceless when he does this. He is soooo proud of himself and we make a HUGE deal out of it. It's funny because now he won't let us take his implants off when he naps or goes to sleep at night. HE gets terribly upset. He will cry and say "no, mommy, Cormac wants ears on". Breaks my heart just a little. BUT the upside is when he wakes up from his nap he puts them on himself and can talk to his brothers in their cribs. Unfortunately, the batteries don't last overnight so in the morning he can't do the same. But i do like the fact he can hear me saying good night when I leave the room. He is really attached to those implants at this point.

I have to say the past few weeks have been just wonderful. I love these kids so much it frightens me. I worry about something EVER happening to any of them. I thank God at LEAST once a day for giving me such amazing little boys. And I also ask him on a regular basis to please take care of them.

We truly have so much fun together. They all are such jokers now and I love to see how they plan to bust someone's chops. I sit and watch their wheels spinning and can tell they are plotting something.

Next week I am going to start my version of "preschool". Just a little something each day to make sure we are learnig some new things. It should be fun.

I have taken a ton of pictures recently. Here is a slideshow. Keep scrolling and you can see some videos




HEre they are riding the firetrucks on the boardwalk:



On the beach:


Colin Hiding:



Cormac talking:

No comments: