Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Am I on Candid Camera?

Tomorrow is Frank's birthday so I needed to get to the store to buy some things. Today during the day was out because Cormac had school and we are gone all morning. I made dinner during the boys nap time just so as soon as they woke up we could run out the door (ok, getting three 2 years olds out the door and strapped in the car is not a super fast chore) so more like a slow run out the door. They got up from nap at about 4:20. I figure out the door and at the store by 5 and home by 5:30 -5:45. Dinner at 6:00.

I get only a few blocks and I get a flat tire. Luckily, I was near a gas station. I pull in and was informed the tire could not be saved. I had to unload all three kids and put them in their stroller. (ya know it was freezing, right?) They all had hats and mittens so not so bad. I am trying to keep them busy while they fix the car. Finally, I take them inside the gas station to wait because it was really cold and taking long. They behaved better than I expected indoors. Just basically ran around playing and yelling. Finally the car is ready and I load all three back in the van. They are just about outgrowing their car seats so strapping them in is a project itself. I wrestle them into their seats load the giant stroller back in the car. Ok. We still have time for the store. They can eat dinner a little late.

The store went fine. Get back home by 6:15. I had taken off all their coats after the store so I wouldn't have to fight to get them in their seats. The car was warm and we only had to run into the house. So I thought. I get them back home and tell them "run fast upstairs, it's cold and you have no coats on (I know, bad mommy!). They listen perfect and are all on the porch. What happens next? Somehow the storm door locked when I left. There is NO KEY to get in. Now I have three freezing two year olds on the front porch with apparently no way into the house. At this point I just start laughing cause really, could this all be happening at one time??? I started to look around to see if there were cameras taping me or something.

What do I decide to do? I beat the door handle repeatedly for what seems like an eternity. I figure if I hit it hard enough I can somehow jiggle the lock back open. There is NO OTHER way into our house. Our back door is a slider that locks so it's not even an option. After a short beating the door opens and in the house we go but not before Colin says "mommy, thanks for opening door, I'm freezing!"

Turns out, I was not on candid camera, just having rotten luck!

No comments: