Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Monday, November 10, 2008

Life is good

I woke up this morning to the normal "Mommy! Mommy!" in a high pitch scream. Not an upset or crying scream just to scream to make sure I can here him calling me. This is our usual morning. Ciaran is the alarm clock. Every morning without fail he is awake first. All his jabbering surely wakes Colin and he is usually groggy when I go in their room. Since Cormac's implants are off he can't hear Ciaran but he must "feel" him because he's awake too. Now what I find even more interesting is sometimes Cormac will be talking to Ciaran. I am not surprised he is talking because he talks just he same implants or not, BUT he seems to be answering Ciaran so I guess he is reading his lips from across the room. Or they just have that weird triplet vibe going on and can read each other's minds. I wouldn't be shocked by this either.

To wake each morning and see these three faces so happy and full of life makes me really think about how I approach each day. How can you not be happy in the morning when I see them? How can you can start each day out thinking today will be a good day? Granted, by 7:30am we had already lost a headpiece for Cormac and had done a thorough search of the house but who cares, right? We found it and so what if it delayed our morning. This age is just about the cutest age so far. The boys are funny and they get jokes. They are amazed by just about everything. Sure, they have fits and melt downs. But as adults we do the same. We just act a little differently. And adults CAN tell you exactly what they want while children still have difficult time at this age.

We had a great weekend other than Colin being sick. I felt so bad for him. We have been so healthy these past few years we are truly blessed. We don't get ear infections like I hear other children do. I think in 2 1/2 years between the 3 kids we have only had 3 ear infections. I pray this continues for this coming winter.

No comments: