Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, November 6, 2008

Old Friends

Last night I went out to dinner with 4 friends from high school. Three of them I haven't seen since I am in my twenties which we all know was along time ago. It was such a wonderful night. Full of laughs and memories. Man, some of the things they remembered I had forgotten. We stayed at a restaurant for over 4 hours just talking and catching up.

We are all so different but the same. None of us really looks any different. Same laughs and smiles as in high school. Same personalities for sure. We have all been married and have children. We were able to share stories of our families and friends.

Sometimes we can get so caught up in our every day lives. You forget to reflect back on the good times from our childhood or teen years. I for one, had the best time in high school. Loved every minute of it. It was fun to remember those times. It was fun to see how all of us have "grown up". It was funny to hear someone say "now that I have kids I know why my Mom worried so much!" It was funny to remember everyone loved to come to my house when my mom was away because I always had a bash :) Gotta love those teen keg parties! I know, I know. I have three boys who will probably give me a run for my money. But most of what they will try to pull over on me, I will have already done to my parents! I will be wise to them.

Anyway, this post is just about taking time to remember your friends, old and new.

On to the kiddos. Today we went to our nature class again. This week we walked in the woods and looked for different types of leaves. They eventually became place mats thanks to a handy dandy laminator! Anyway, we are all walking along and Ciaran decides he wants to hold Cormac's hand. They walked hand in hand for the longest time. Of course they both kept tripping on branches and what not and when Cormac fell down Ciaran leaned beside him, tapped him on the back and said "don't worry, Cormac, you OK". Brings a tear to my eye just typing it. I love those moments. I love how they LOVE each other. Now, they could be wrestling each other to the ground in a stand off for a toy 2 minutes later BUT I still have the tender moments to enjoy.

Cormac told me he heard a "frog" in the woods while we were hiking. He was right. I have no idea how he heard it. Lots of kids, moms and background outside noise but he still heard it.

Colin has had a language EXPLOSION. The kid is non stop. He uses words that surprise me because I am surprised he knows them. He has a habit of naming things at the moment. It goes something like this: (pointing to Ciaran he says "this Ciaran", pointing to Cormac "this Cormac", "this table, this chair" You get the idea always pointing and saying "this whatever"

I think I am going to take a nap....

No comments: