Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Finally better

I think today is the first day without boogers. The boys are all much happier. I am so happy they are feeling better. It was a rough 2 weeks with them sick. Their appetites are back. Last night they each ate two giant meatballs and a bunch of cavatelli! They are obsessed with grated cheese and I have to add it about a million times during dinner. I gave them ricotta cheese for the first time. Ciaran was just eating it by the spoonful. (He is so my child!) Cormac enjoyed it as well. Colin could care less. He did some nice artwork on his plate.

I took Cormac to NYU yesterday for follow up booth testing. He was very distracted but still did great. He didn't really get a nap and was really tired. He is testing at wonderful levels. They also tried some discrimination tests with him. The audiologist thought he might be too young, but come on, we are talking about Cormac, the boy who knows EVERYTHING! He was able to do the test and of course, he got all of them correct!

We go next week for his big 6 month evaluation. Frank will be joining us for the day. He is just as anxious as me to hear the "professionals" tell us he is doing fine. (Even though we KNOW he is doing awesome.)

I did get some great news. I spoke with the Board of Education in town and was told the decision to keep the boys together when they start school is up to the parent. That is one less battle for me to fight. I feel strongly they should stay together. If they want to be seperated at some point I will listen to them but I think they were born together for a reason. I think Cormac will need them and want them with him when he starts school. They will be his greatest resource for anything he thinks he might miss. I cannot even imagine the day the three of them head off to school together. I know I will cry my eyes out!

No comments: