Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A momma knows..

I just knew it wasn't just a cold. The boys were still sick today so I took them back to the doctor. Cormac has a double ear infection. I am so glad I went with my gut and brought them back. Ciaran and Colin still don't require anything since it's viral but I am supposed to keep an eye on them. If they continue with a fever I need to bring them back also.

So while we were waiting in the pediatrician's office there was a girl who was about 8 or 9 and it was obvious she had something wrong with her. Maybe severely autistic, but I have no idea. Anyway, her mom tells her to sit and wait while she talked to one of the nurses at the counter. The boys were all playing. Cormac goes running and was trying to get to Frank. Before he could make it this girl jumps up and grabs him by the arm and SLAMS him to the ground. I mean HARD. He hit his left side of his face. Frank jumps up and say "whoa, whoa, whoa and grabs Cormac. The mom says "she has a disability". Then proceeds to say "don't be upset he's just too little to play with you". Play with her??? This child was IN NO WAY trying to play with Cormac. It all happened so fast I didn't even get a chance to say anything because it was our turn. I took Cormac in first and he was hysterical and crying. I am assuming she scared the crap out of him. He had rug burns on his face from how hard she slammed him. He is totally fine (except for the ear infection). I know the mom was embarassed but she never apologized. And if you know your child has VIOLENT outbursts maybe you shouldn't leave her to sit alone in a chair. Keep her with you. Ok, I am over it now.

Now, you may wonder if the kids like going to the doctor. The answer to that is a big fat NOOOOOOO! Ciaran started crying when he saw the building. I took in Cormac he did ok. Next was Colin's turn. THAT BOY HAS SUPER HUMAN STRENGTH. I had to use all of my strength and energy to hold him against me so the doctor could look in his ears. You would have thought they were sticking KNIVES in the kids ears. I didn't have to go the gym after Colin. Ciaran was up next. I sent Frank in because Colin had worn me out. I knew Ciaran was going to flip when he went in. He likes to leave his coat on. They can't examine him in a winter coat. I figure Frank should get the full experience! As predicted Ciaran started screaming. He couldn' even be bribed with candy. Now you know he is relly upset.

Well, they are all sleeping peacefully after their motrin. I have twelve hours until Snotfest continues tomorrow. Oh, my muffins are burning in the oven. Gotta go.

No comments: