Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, January 17, 2008

POP POP

So, the run down goes like this. My mom is called meema and my Dad is called Pop Pop. My step father is also called Pop Pop. Frank's Dad is called Grandpa and Frank's Mom is called Grandma.

For the last month or so if I say to the kids "Do you want to me Meema, Grandma or Grandpa they immediately say no and start shaking their heads no. I think they associate seeing them with me leaving the house since these are our babysitters! It is actually kind of funny. Ciaran is the most adament about it. Of course, when they see any of them and realize I am not leaving they are so happy.

Well, today I told them Pop Pop was coming. He usually comes over once a week or more to visit. They just kept saying Pop Pop, over and over again. I said "do you want to see Pop Pop?" They were all jumping up and down with excitement. My Dad has babysat the boys before but usually while they are asleep so I guess they think he just comes to play! He stayed while Cormac got his therapy and played with Ciaran and Colin in the family room while I was with Cormac and Joan. Usually, Ciaran screams bloody murder for about 1 minute after I leave. NOt a word, not a peep, not a cry. All I heard was laughter fromt he family room. (with the occaisional "Don't do that" from my Dad)

Needless to say, my Dad was thrilled to hear all three of them saying Pop Pop. He likes to rough house with them and the LOVE it. When he left they were all saying "Bye Bye, Pop."

I had one of those moments yesterday where I still can't believe I am the mom to three boys. I looked out the bathroom window and saw their three little bikes in the yard. It actaully still takes me am few seconds to realize they belong to my three children. It's almost like "Whose yard is this?" I feel so truly blessed to have such a happy and healthy family. Right now they are all napping so it is really quiet. I am so not used to all the silence.

No comments: