Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Say it ain't so.

All of us are sick. It started yesterday with runny noses and now they have coughs and fevers. This is our second sickness of the winter. The last one lasted 2 weeks. I don't know if I can handle another two weeks. I feel so bad for them when they are sick. They are so miserable. Last winter we did not get sice ONCE! A lot to be said for staying in the house and not letting visitors over for 5 months. I swear I have thought about doing that again this year but it just doesn't seem feasible with toddlers. Not only would I lose my mind, but so would they. I think leaving the house every day is good for all of us. They really enjoy going out and socializing. I am hoping for a speedy recovery because we have some big plans for the weekend. You know us, once the month of March hits we are booked nearly every weekend for celebrating St Patrick's Day.

I saw this poem posted somewhere and thought today was a good day to share. With everyone sick it's one of those days where you just lay around and enjoy each other. Who cares if there is laundry to be done? Who cares if there are Cheerios smooshed into the rug in the family room (isn't that what the dogs are for?) This poem is a gentle reminder to not sweat the small stuff. Take time to enjoy TODAY. DOn't worry too much about tomorrow. And just be thankful you have today.


My Child

Just for this morning, I am going to smile when I see your face and laugh when I feel like crying.
Just for this morning, I will let you choose what you want to wear, and smile and say how perfect it is.
Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play.
Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.

Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.
Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you one if he comes by.
Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or second guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.
Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.
Just for this afternoon, I will take us to McDonald's and buy us both a Happy Meal so you can have both toys.

Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.
Just! for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.
Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars.
Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss my favorite TV shows.
Just for this evening when I run my finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given.

I will think about the mothers and fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside that they can't handle it anymore.
And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank God for you, and ask him for nothing, except one more day...............

No comments: