Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Not much to report since yesterday

Cormac had a dermatologist appointment today. His pediatrician wanted me to have his head checked out to make sure his hair pulling was simply hair pulling and not related to a dermatology issue. I was pretty confident it was just a habit and I was correct. She did comment on how fair his skin was and stronly urged me to keep him covered so he doesn't get sun damage. (also known as freckles she pointed out while looking at my face)

While we were at the office a couple was there. They asked about Cormac's implants. They have two grandchildren who both have implants. One is 5 years old and in mainstream kindergarten and the other is 3 years old and in preschool. It is alwasys nice to meet other people with cochlear implant stories to tell. I was just sent an article stating a fully implantable cochlear implant could be ready for studies in as little as 2 years. I think in Cormac's lifetime he will see some major changes in technology. The decision will then have to made if we think he will benefit and the surgery is worth it.

The new habit of standing on the window ledge to look out the bay window has proven to be as dangerous as I thought. I told them numerous times not to do it. Ciaran has a heck of a black eye to prove how dangerous it is. He fell and hit his eye on the bench. You would think this would discourage him from climbing there again. Not so much. He went right there this morning and he went directly to time out.

Colin has been crying on and off all day because he wants to wear Frank's baseball cap. I could care less if he wears the hat. But it is big on him and if it is not exactly how he wants it he gets upset. He wanted to sleep in it but kept freaking out everytime he rolled over and the hat fell off.

Cormac starts his new class tomorrow. It is most of the same kids with a few new ones. All the kids are older now so they divided them up from the smaller kids since their skill levels are so different. We haven't had class in two weeks so I am looking forward to getting him back to school. He seems to really enjoy it.

My new business I have been working on for months is about to become a reality. I think the website might be live by tonight. I really hope so. A lot of time, effort, thought and love have been put into nuturing this baby and I can't wait to see the rewards. I will send out an email to everyone as soon as it is ready. Hopefully, you all can send it to everyone you know and so on and so on.

No comments: