Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Oh, today was BAD

It started out fine. Robin came over to watch Colin and Ciaran while I took Cormac to a special session at school. It was a great opportunity for him to be observed by The Moog School. They are leaders in the field of teaching deaf children to hear and speak. I was so excited. Cormac did wonderful as expected. Towards the end he had had enough. It was his nap time and he was exhausted. But all in all it was a success. I came home and Ciaran and Colin had a ton of fun with Aunt Robin and Cailan (she might be their favorite person on the planet besides me!!) Down for naps without a peep.

Frank calls and says he needs to work late. I decide I will take the boys to the mall and we will have dinner out. Great for me, no cooking and the boys will get out of the house for a while. Things did not go as planned. I pulled out of the driveway and the car seemed a little funny. By the time I got to the bottom of the hill it was no longer running. I got thru the stop sign and managed to park it with no steering or brakes. Just lovely. I decided I didn't need a jacket since I was just running into the mall. Now sitting in a dead car with no heat is a total different story. The boys were fine at first but were getting very restless from being strapped in their carsseats. By luck my good friend, Maritza happens to call and she comes to help. I thought maybe I ran out of gas because the gas light was on but I really didn't think that was possible. But hey, a girl can dream can't she? Maritza sits in my car while I drive her car to my house to get the gas can that already had gas in it. I come back and fill up the car. At this point the kids were upset because I left and wanted to get out of the car. No such luck. The car STILL will not start. Kids getting more upset. Now I have no choice but to put the boys in Maritza's car and drive up the hill to my house. Literally, it's less than a 10th of a mile. Colin FREAKS out beyond freaks out. I don't know if he was afraid or what but he melted down. Ciaran follows suit. And Cormac decides he LOVES this car sits down and smiles and claps. UNTIL he realizes he has to get out and he starts a major melt down. In their entire TWO years of life I have never seen te three of them this upset. It was very upsetting to see. Not to mention at this point my phone is ringing off the hook and I can't exactly talk with the three of them flipping out. He comes my brilliant plan. Mini Cadbury eggs... A moment of pure genius leads to a moment of SILENCE. At this point poor Maritza's ears were probably aching. She leaves and now they start to cry because she is leaving. At least they settled down quickly. Somehow in all this mess I managed to order a pizza (who says I am not a multitasker?) since it is now close to 6pm and my plan of eating out is out the window.

Oh, I forgot to mention when I got back to the house the lovely Duchess has busted out of the kitchen and tore open a plastic bag of dirty diapers. The mess was beyond description. Remember this... you will hear more in a while.

This pizza arrive and it is GOOD! Frank arrives home shortly after. The tow truck shortly after that Frank. Somewhere in this craziness we changed the boys diapers, put them in their PJ's, brushed their teeth and put them to bed.

I follow the tow truck to the mechanic and leave the car. And here comes the topper of the night.

Remember I told you what Duchess did??? Well she decided to PUKE up all the crappy diapers she ate. Can you think of anything worse than regurgitated crap? I was not home and Frank was left to deal with it. I probably would have killed her. Now I am home and trying to relax with the lovely scent of shit covered up by cleaning products.

Ciaran got hit in the head with a wood block and has a cut. Ciaran knocked a chair over and it hit Colin on the head and he has a giant bruise on is forehead.
I will end will this.... Tomorrow has GOT to be better. But then again they will probably call me and tell me our car is shot!

No comments: