Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sizzling weekend

With the weather so hot we were looking to go somewhere indoors this morning. We decided to go the The Liberty Science Center. I had not been there in years and it was a fun trip. It is very hands on for the boys. We also got lucky because today if you were a Bank Of America customer you were allowed in for FREE!! Can't beat it! We started out by going to the indoor small zoo. Mostly, snakes, reptiles and things like that. They LOVED it. They really loved the turtles and the giant Monitor. Next, we went to the exhibit that taught about germs. They had the GIANT nose, I mean, almost as big as one of the kids, and it sneezed when you walked by to show how far a sneeze can travel. It startled me because it made such a loud noise. Cormac got so upset. He started saying, "Bye Bye, mommy drive" all while waving at the giant nose. He wanted me to take him home. I felt so bad for him. I picked him up and his entire body was trembling. It just kept sneezing and sneezing. I got him away but you could hear it across the room (God, bless his little heart, he COULD hear it across the room) I should have just popped his magnets off so he couldn't hear it but I didn't even think of it until now! I had to take him into another area. Took the poor kid about 1/2 hour to recover!
We left that exhibit and it took him about 1/2 hour to fully recover. He kept saying "bye bye, drive, mommy". We were finally able to distract him in the I explore exhibit. This is geard towards 2-5 years olds. It had tons of hands on activites (painting with water, a ball pit, a big tub filled with rice and they could scoop it and play with it. The rice was their favorite activity. If it wasn't so messy I think I would set one up at home! Maybe in the backyard if it ever cools off enough to go out there!

No comments: