Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cormac's one year evaluation and BON JOVI!

I went to see Bon Jovi last night at the Garden. It was so much fun. I have always been a fan of Bon Jovi but I'm not some uber fan. Well, I think I am now! His show was amazing and I forgot how many songs you just love by them. I think I knew almost every word to every song. Frank was kind enough to go with me. Those who know Frank are probably getting a chuckle out of this because they can't imagine him going to see Bon Jovi, but hey, Jerry Garcia is dead so that party is over! He actually said he enjoyed it. Thought they did a great live show. We stayed out late and I had probably a beer to many.....

I officially taught my first class for Stroller Strides today. (Note to self: don't drink and go to Bon Jovi the night before you teach exercise class!) I really enjoy it and love getting together with all the moms and you get the benefit of exercise and if your kids act up it doesn't matter.

On to the important stuff. Cormac had his one year post activation evaluation with the audiologist yesterday. He still has to have his speech eval because we can't do it all in one day. The audiologist works on his receptive language (what he understands). Cormac did not disappoint. He did 100% on all the tests he was given which means he understands all that was said to him. He was also asked to repeat many words while he was in the booth. The audiologist is talking to him over a speaker. He repeated every word she said! All his hard work is paying off! Now, the ladies at NYU Cochlear Implant Center just love Cormac. There is a never ending line of women who come by just to say Hello to him.

We did get some sad news. Valerie, Cormac's audiologist is leaving NYU. We will miss her terribly and wish her all the best. We will be switched to a new audiologist for our next appt. It wasn't too hard since the ladies were lining up for him!

I am excited to see how he does with his testing for his speech evaluation. He is really talking now. Funny, it seems sometimes his thoughts come faster than he can say it and it will sound like gibberish. But it's because he is trying to use many words together. It's all a process. When he only said one word we really understood him. When he decided to use two words he talked gibberish for a few weeks and then he spoke two words beautifully. Now he has decided to use 3,4,5 or who knows how many words. I usually understand him unless he is really excited. If you ask him to repeat it he will usually slow down and speak clearly. He is only two!

Today I was making a salad and cutting apples to put in it. I was snacking on some apple and he says "mommy's eating red apple". and "mommy's eating lettuce".


Check out the boys with my mom and Frank on this Old School Merry go Round!

No comments: