Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.

Monday, July 28, 2008

"Mommy Do it"

Ok, so this is a popular statement in our house lately especially over the last few days. Ciaran is really the one who says it the most but it is spilling over to the other two. The problem??? Well, they WONT let "Daddy do it" if the want "Mommy do it". That means, put their blanket on them at night, get them their milk, feed them their food, change their diapers or pick the up out of their cribs. The list is endless. You get the idea. It's all Mommy all the time. They actually say to Frank "No, Daddy. Mommy do it". If he tries they freak out and until I can do it. Now, of course, this is going to hurt Frank's feelings. He gets frustrated when they won't let him help them. I get frustrated becasue I WANT FRANK TO HELP THEM! I need a frigin' break sometimes!

I am not sure how this started or how to end it. I guess I should just let Frank do whatever it is they want me to do and we do that alot. (Esp when it comes to changing diapers.) They usually settle down after a minute or so. But I guess this comes with the territory of being a stay at home mom. I do everything. We don't really ever leave them with a sitter other than my mom or Maggie. And that's even rare.

Let me say, it's mostly Ciaran. Cormac RARELY does this and Colin only occaisonally.

Our weekend was exciting. I took the boys to Maggie's on Friday. We played in the baby pool and hung out. We went to the Boardwalk in Point Pleasant and met up with my cousins and their kids. It was the most beautiful night. The boys got pinwheels and loved them.

I went to bed about 12:30am and my lil' Cormac woke up at 1:00am and decided to stay up until 4am. This is SOOOOO unusual for him or for any of them for that matter. I guess he got some quality alone time with Mommy. Finally I went to sleep about 4:30 and Ciaran was awake by 6:30am. I think that means I slept 2 hours.

We headed home and went to Richie's surprise 60th birthday party. Lots of fun. The boys ran wild in the yard from 5 until 8:00. I was thinking I would get a really good nights sleep and catch up from the night before. Not so much. Frank got called into work at 12:30am. It woke my up and I couldn't fall back to sleep for a while. I finally did and a thunderstorm started. The thunder was so loud it woke me and of course, Ciaran. I got him settled back down but he woke up again later on. Needless, to say I slept about 4 hours in two days. But I forge ahead. No rest for the weary. Today it was up at 5am for Ciaran. Not sure why he got up so early. Cormac and COlin slept until 7:30.

Off to the park today to run. We also went to the playground. Again, my attempt to tire their little butts out.

But the HIGHLIGHT of the weekend????

The still unfinished basement has all the electrical work complete! High hats are all working, outlets are all working and switches are installed!!! I LOVE LIGHT!!! Now, it's on to the plumber. One step closer. I am starting to think it might actually be ready by the winter. Wait, did I just say that??? I don't want to jinx myself. I have told Frank if it's not ready by winter I might kill him....suddenly he is working extra hard!

No comments: