Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Monday, October 27, 2008

So many things still amaze me

We went to a Halloween party at the library this evening(Monday). I wasn't sure what to expect but it was cute. They had a majician. I wasn't sure how long the "three blind mice" would last but they held their own. Here is what I was amazed by:

The majician was talking into a microphone and they had two speakers set up. Probably the worst acoustics you could imagine. It amplified his voice but I was immediatly worried Cormac would struggle to understand and might be overwhelmed. Not to mention the other 50 kids and their parents all crammed into the library. Oh, I also have to add he was only wearing one implant because his headpiece wasn't working and the new one won't arrive until tomorrow.

Ok, to my point. THe majician starts talking. Telling some story about lollipops. Cormac yells out. I want a lollipop to the majician. I was so amazed he heard what the guy said. He really didnt even seem like he was paying too much attention. But I guess I was wrong.

I am still amazed by the things he hears and under what circumstances. I know it's not perfect and am sure he misses out on some things, but he really doesn't appear to miss much. Almost daily he says or does something I can't believe. We were in Target the other night and Frank had him in his cart and was in another aisle. I had Colin and Ciaran. I was talking to them and Cormac told Frank "I hear Mommy talking". He was surprised to say the least.

No comments: