Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, April 3, 2008

All in a days work, right?

As I type this it is 2pm. It is also nap time. So, here is what I did so far today. The boys woke up early today which thru me off a little. They were up and out of cribs by 7am. We laid in my bed and drank milk for a while and then it was time for breakfast. While they ate their French Toast and made a mess with syrup I made a homemade pot of sauce. Upstairs for diaper changes and dressing for the day. Back downstairs to play for a while and I managed to mix up the filling for the two trays of lasagna I have to make. Joan came for Cormac so I sat with them for 1 hour. When she left it was time for lunch. While the ate their meatloaf and mashed potatoes I assembled two lasagnas. Upstairs for diaper changes and off to nappy time. I go back downstairs and made two trays of sausage and peppers. Somewhere in there I also made a cake. The second cake is in the over at the moment and I will bake the third as soon as cake number two is finished. Off to a great start today. Who knew all that could be accomplished in a few hours. I also managed to never leave the kids alone for more than a minute. Oh, I forgot I also gave Ciaran a haircut this morning. It's all about multitasking!

Ciaran haircut was my first attempt at giving them a haircut. Not sure what possesed me to do it this morning. I think it was pretty successful. Except for one spot when he turned his head quickly. But since we normally spike his hair you can't really tell. I am afraid to do Colin's since his hair has a part and I don't want him to look ridiculous. I should have waited until after the party but Ciaran's hair was so long and there was no time for a stop at the barber. Cormac is still sporting the buzz cut and will continue to do so.

What are all the preparation for? The boys second birthday party is on Saturday. We are only do a small party with grandparents, Godparents, aunts and uncles (of the boys, not ours)and cousins. Of course, it still is about 25 people.

I also managed to roast a chicken and make potatoes for dinner. It is now 6:20 pm and dinner is done. The boys are enjoying applesauce for dessert. They will be in bed in a little over an hour. That's when I will head out to get the few last things I need. NOw I just need to ice three cakes to make them look like animals.

No comments: