Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Devine Intervention?

Let's start by saying someone is looking out for us. I will rewind to Monday and fill you in on the details. Monday Cormac decided to dip one of his magnets/microphone for his implant in chocolate pudding. Note to others: this is not good! It stopped working completely. Being the prepared Mom I am (haha) I got out his spare, called Advanced Bionics and ordered another. At the next meal time I went upstairs to use the bathroom. I mean I was gone less than 2 minutes. I come back and both his magnets and coils are GONZO. I ask his brothers/co conspirators where the magnets are and Ciaran quickly points to the floor right at one. Great, one down, one to go. I find both coils. I cannot find the other magnet. How far could it have gone? They were strapped in their high chairs in the kitchen. I begin the search and after an hour give up. Cormac will have to hear with only one ear until the backup arrives on Tuesday. Frank gets home and looks high and low. Under the dishwasher, under the stove, under the table, under the high chairs, under the cushions. I mean EVERYWHERE I had already looked in hopes I somehow missed it. Oh, by the way, to replace the magnet is $350. They must be made of gold and I just don't know it! Frank has not better luck than me. Meanwhile, I am waiting for the delivery of the new magnet so Cormac can be in stereo again. No delivery. THis is odd since they always arrive overnight. I call back and they say they don't have any and they are backordered??? WHAT??? How do you not have a part when it means a kid can't HEAR??? Luckily, Cormac has two and could hear from his other ear. But not the point. I was really pissed. His teacher comes on Tuesday and she also looks. None of us can figure it out.

Well, today I walk down into the kitchen right before dinner. And wouldn't you know, sitting out in plain sight right on the bench is the FRIGIN' magnet? You couldn't miss it if you WANTED to. How the hell did this thing miraculously appear?? There is no way three people looked for this thing and missed it. Frank said God was looking out for us and sent it back. I don't know who did it but I am so freakin' happy. Cormac was back in stereo this evening and trying his hardest to dip his magnets in yogurt. We avoided the disaster this time.

I am sure these magnets will be lost umpteen times in the future. I am sure the will take more baths in pudding but I highly doubt this will ever happen again!

I tried posting this video after our zoo trip last week but it didn't work. I think this is working. The boys are showing off their dance moves:

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: