Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A new outlook, well sort of...

I decided this morning when I woke up today was going to be a better day. I would not let breakfast set the mood for the day. They will eat if they are hungry. If not, well, then they won't eat. I gave them their milk first thing this morning while I put away their laundry. We played and then the time came to go downstairs for breakfast. I mentally reminded myself if they got crazy the meal was over. End of story. No second chances. I might have given myself the upper hand because I bought these new oatmeal breakfast bars which are less messy but what can you do. Everyone sat and nearly finished their bar. Close to the end I could tell chaos would soon begin and I called it quits. A nice HAPPY breakfast.

We ventured to Costco for diapers and wipes. When don't we need diapers and wipes??? We had a monumental moment. I got all three out of the car and they all stood and waited and we all held hands and walked across the ENTIRE Costco parking lot into Costco to get a cart. This is a HUGE advance for our gang. Normally, I have to go get a cart and bring it back to the car and put them all in before going inside. My big boys are finally getting it. It may seem like nothing to most of you but to me it's a huge event.

While at Costco a woman approached me to ask about Cormac's implants. I was TOTALLY prepared for this woman to blast me because she was hard of hearing (I could tell by her speech). Low and behold, this woman tells me she has bilateral implants. SHe received one ear 3 years ago and the second ear about a year ago! She was so sweet and nice and was so excited to know Cormac was able to be implanted so young. She wore hearing aids her entire life. She was probably in her 40's. She told me how GREAT her life has been since she was implanted. While it was tough to get used to at first she says her life is so much better. She can talk on the phone, hear in crowds and doesn't get lost in the background noise. I just LOVE when I randomly run into someone who has such a wonderful story to share. Her name was Maddie and before we left Cormac said "Maddie" for her and she was just blown away. Just reassures me the decisions we made for Cormac are the best possible decisions.

We went to get my Mom to go pick up her car and stopped at the park for a while. They had a blast. Of course, there was one spot on one slide with water and Ciaran knelt right in it. We had lunch in the car. Yogurt smoothies and some cheese and crackers. (Second meal of the day, stress free!!!) I think I am on to something!

It is now 3pm and my children should be sleeping but Ciaran and Colin are having a party. God bless Cormac, he is blissfully sleeping through all the mahem. They can party all they want but they will stay in those cribs until close to 4pm.

One more meal time to tackle today......

No comments: