Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, April 10, 2008

Things I KNOW about each day

Each morning arrives and I wonder what I will wake up to for the day. I never know what kind of day it will be. Will it rain or will it be sunny? Cold or warm? Busy or slow? All these are unknown at the start of the day. But each morning when I wake up there are certain things I know for sure. I know Ciaran will always be awake first. No matter what. I know Colin will start chattering away and talking to his fireman. I know when I walk in the room even though Cormac can't hear me yet, he will know I am there because he can feel me. I also know he will be either laying down or sitting up but FOR SURE he will be sucking on the first two fingers of his right hand. I know Ciaran will ask for milk almost immediately. I know Colin will be the first to ask to get out of his crib. I know they will each be picked up and give me a giant kiss. I know they will ask where Daddy is. I know they will run down the hall like their littes asses are on fire to get downstairs to get some milk. I know they will go through the living room and dining room like a small tornado and all the cleaning I did the night before will be forgotten. I know one of them (and it could be any one of them) will climb up on the bench in the kitchen and turn the light off in the kitchen. I know they will ask for Duke and Duchie. I know they will make a huge mess in the kitchen when they eat breakfast. I know Ciaran has to have first pick of the sippy cups and plates or he is not a happy camper. I know I will change at least 15 diapers. I know I will dress them and have to redress them because they get dirty or they like to take off some of their clothes. I know each day I will be hugged, kissed and licked, yes, licked countless times and it is never enough. I know the noise level in our house will reach ear bleeding levels. I know the majority of the day I will hear the best three little laughs I have ever heard. I know I will also hear the loudest three screams I have ever heard as they fight over a toy or whatever. I know we will play alot. I know I will hear "wuv you". I know I will hear again "where Daddy". I KNOW I will be asked for crackers at least a million times if not more. I know I will have to make lunch and put them down for naps. I know I will somehow squeeze in doing the laundry and cooking dinner and cleaning the house during their nap time. I know when they wake up from their nap and once again it will be Ciaran who is up first it will sort of be the same as the morning. "where's daddy? More Milk" I know when I tell them Daddy is home they will nearly kill each other trying to get to the window to look out for his car. I know once they see Frank in the driveway they will yell "Daddy" and get so excited you can practically feel it. I know they will run to the stairs to get down so they can go to the door and tackle Frank. I know from the moment Frank is home until he is asleep he will spend every moment he can with them. I know we will all eat dinner together as a family. I know after dinner Frank will put on Animal Planet and the boys will watch it with him for a while. I know when it is time for bed the boys will ask for their blankets to be put on them about 10 times and keep pulling it off so we can put them back on. I know I will do it a few times and then tell them it is their last chance or they don't get a blanket. I know our days are filled with fun, laughter, excitement and sometimes tears and tantrums. I know I will clean up the house and get ready for the next day. I know the next day will start just like the day before.

I also KNOW I would never change any of it not matter what I was offered.

There are many unknowns in our day and I look forward to them but I really love "what I know".

No comments: